Excitement continues to build as we officially move into the re-development phase of our major renovation project on Whitney.
In the final hours of the demolition stage, we made two last minute decisions that we feel will have a significant impact to the overall finished quality of the home.
First, we ended up removing the entire back wall of the original structure, which made sense for a variety of reasons. In the process, we found two of the original rear window frames buried inside, still harnessed to a sash cord pulley system. We also found an old newspaper from 1911. A nice momento!
The second decision occurred in the last days of the basement excavation, where removing an old chimney ended up adding 50 square feet to our lower level footprint.
We’ve just finished expanding and framing some of the second and third floor windows. It’s amazing how much extra light pours in as a result. We’ve chosen our window supplier and are starting to think about which stone we’d like for counters etc. At our most recent design meeting, I fell completely in love with the family room fireplace design. I can’t wait to show it to you!
Stay tuned for more updates to follow…