From Beyond, A Heaps Estrin Publication
Words by Vanessa Grant
When it comes to home renovations, few projects offer the return on investment that a well-designed kitchen does. Renovating your kitchen not only enhances your daily life but can significantly boost your home’s resale value. In fact, sellers can often recoup up to 85% of the cost of a renovated kitchen.
Cailey Heaps, President and CEO of Heaps Estrin, emphasizes the importance of the kitchen in a home, “The kitchen truly is the heart of the home, and its design directly impacts a family’s daily enjoyment.”
So, what are the key elements to consider for a kitchen that not only you’ll love but future buyers will too? According to interior designer Teresa Track, known for her modern and upscale designs, the focus should be on warm neutrals, natural stone, and sleek, cohesive designs.
Five Key Elements for a Kitchen with Instant Resale Value:
- Upgraded Appliances: High-end brands like Sub-Zero not only stand the test of time but also add a luxurious touch to your kitchen.
- Warm-Toned Cabinets: Move away from all-white kitchens and embrace warmth with lightly stained wood cabinets or warm whites and pale putty colours.
- Sleek Hardware: Modern bronze-toned hardware or hardware-less designs offer a clean, contemporary look.
- Kitchen Islands: A staple in modern kitchen design, islands provide extra counter space and make a grand statement, especially when topped with natural stone.
- Natural Stone Counters and Backsplashes: Natural stone brings an earthy, luxurious element to the kitchen, enhancing both aesthetics and value.
In essence, a thoughtfully designed kitchen is more than a home improvement—it’s an investment in your property’s future. By incorporating elements like upgraded appliances, natural stone, and sleek design, you create a space that appeals to both the heart and the market. At Heaps Estrin, we’re dedicated to helping you make choices that elevate your home’s style and value, ensuring a kitchen that’s not just a room, but a legacy