Heaps Estrin is encouraging our community members to add words of positivity and motivation to our neighbourhoods by participating in our rock gardens located around the city this spring.
Our friends and family members, all have something unique and special to offer, just like each painted rock. This is something everyone can participate in safely and a great way, to come together to share thoughts of happiness, hope and appreciation.
- Find rocks in your backyard, neighbourhood park or ravine.
- Wash and dry your rocks.
- Paint your rocks with positive messages and pictures!
- Top coat your art with a non-toxic clear sealant.
- Take your painted rocks to one of our 5 rock garden locations in Toronto and add them to the kindness rock garden.
- Take a photo of your rocks and post them on Instagram. Tag @heapsestrin and #KindnessRocksProject to be featured on our page!
Here are a few things to consider when planning your rock painting:
- Source smooth, flat rocks as they work best for painting
- Be kind to the environment by using non-toxic, earth-friendly acrylic paints.
- Paint pens are easy to work with, and last a long time.
- Have fun!
Rock Garden Locations:
Leaside: Heaps Estrin Office
Lawrence Park: Wanless Park
Moore Park: Moorevale Park
Rosedale: Chorley Park
Davisville: June Rowlands Park